Brand awareness is a vital part of every business and explainer videos are a great way to draw that awareness. Whether your business offers products or services, marketing is an important aspect of your business plan. Newly formed businesses most of the time spend up to half of their investment in brand awareness and marketing.
Brand awareness can be defined as the extent to which consumers are aware of the qualities of your product or services. Brand awareness is more about generating a feeling of trust than just recognizing your brand or product. Brand awareness increases the likelihood of your product being used by your customers. If satisfied, they definitely recommend your product to others.
Brand awareness helps in increasing conversion rates. Video content is an excellent way to grab attention and improve the retention of prospective customers. Research has found video marketing can increase brand awareness by 54%.
Video is undoubtedly the most powerful marketing tool of 2020; however, 42% of businesses are still not taking advantage of videos in their marketing campaign.
Before you make a video, you need to be aware of what your brand represents.
One of the best ways to improve your brand awareness is to start an explainer video.
What is an Explainer Video?
An explainer video is a short animated or live shoot video used by businesses to tell the story of their brand, product or services in an engaging and enthralling manner. Explainer videos became popular in 2007 when a company called Common Craft made an explainer video to explain the functioning of Twitter. The excellent explainer video had engaging graphics and straight forward language got viewed over 10 million times. Millions of users logged on to Twitter after viewing the video. Since then, small and large companies have used explainer videos effectively to market their product.
Explainer videos are typically 2 to 3 minutes and are a potent marketing tool. Your viewers will have a better idea of your company, the product it offers, and how the product can help them. Explainer videos can illustrate why your company exists.
The moment you upload the video on your website or social media pages, it can get viewed multiple times if it is promoted properly. You can use explainer videos to turn your customers into loyal customers.
Benefits of Explainer videos for your brand
- A good explainer video can illustrate how to use your product. If they understand how your product works and how to use it they are more likely to use your product or services. Existing customers turn into loyal customers.
- Explainer videos can generate more leads. You can post videos on multiple platforms such as Youtube and social media pages. Businesses have used explainer videos effectively to reach a wider range of audiences creating brand awareness. Using hashtags and other social media signals, you can promote your brand effectively and target audiences better. Engaging videos will convince your target audience to follow you on different social media pages or subscribe to your Youtube channel. Recent studies suggest 70% of internet users watch videos.
- Explainer videos can increase conversion rates. Through explainer videos, you can keep a check on the number of people visiting your page. The data collected can show you the demography of visitors. This data can help you convert visitors into customers. You can also learn what interests your customers.
- Explainer videos can explain complex ideas in a simple, easy-to-understand manner. They can show the functioning of your product. And how it solves problems. And helps the audience to understand your values and purpose behind your brand.
- Explainer videos can rank better in search engines. Google and other search engine sites rank websites with videos higher. Search engine algorithms take into account the time a user spends on a website. Engaging explainer videos will encourage viewers to spend more time on your website and explore your website further. And ultimately help visitors to notice your brand.
- Explainer videos can lower your advertising budget. Videos on social media websites and YouTube can be shared at a fraction of the cost of making videos for other media. YouTube has emerged as a popular search engine and over 300 hours of videos are uploaded every minute. Defining the scope of your video campaign will help you to reach maximum audiences.
- Well-made explainer videos are more likely to generate greater response and provide a better return on investment for your product. If the information is relevant, the customer is more likely to invest in your product.
- Video content engages both your auditory and visual senses. It becomes easier to retain information. Your audiences are more likely to retain information learned through explainer videos than reading the same information in an article format. According to studies, people remember 50% of the content they have seen or read. Explainer videos can help audiences retain 77% of the information they have viewed.
- Sharing videos is easy on WhatApp, Social media platforms, and embedded in emails or newsletters. Research shows 92% of mobile users share videos with their friends. This can increase more viewers.
How to create effective explainer video?
Video production companies use five ways to increase brand awareness with video. Your explainer video works best when you club these ideas together.
- You need to know your audience. One of the first things you need to define when you decide to make an explainer video is defining your target audience. Think about what they like? You can think about what appeals to them? A buyer profile can help you recreate your ideal customer. You can create a profile using market research and existing customer data. Buyer profile will help you create a more effective explainer video that resonates with your target audience.
- Your video should be original – 5 billion videos get viewed every day on YouTube. The competition to get noticed is not an easy task. It is imperative to make your video original. Engaging original content captures your audience’s attention and makes your product stand out. Make your video unique and unforgettable.
- Your message should be concise. Today’s viewers are busy and have short attention spans and look for instant gratifications. Research shows 20% of viewers click away from 10 seconds while 80% of viewers abandon the video after the first act. This makes it vital to make short and clear videos. Your video should have a call of action.
- Promoting your video is important. Advertisers have an 80/20 rule referring to the time required for content creation and promotion of the content. The internet is bursting with content. To get it seen by your target audience you need to promote across multiple platforms. Social media pages, company websites, YouTube are just some pages you can use to promote your explainer videos.
- Optimize your video for multiple screen sizes. Over half of the video content is viewed online and viewed on mobile devices. You should be able to view your explainer videos on multiple screen sizes.
- You need to highlight the advantages of your product. Audiences view your explainer videos to learn more about your product. Your videos need to be entertaining and informative. Discuss your product features and underline how your product can help make their lives better. You need to avoid drowning your audiences with too much information.
How to choose the right explainer video producing company for your brand?
Before you look for a video production company, you need to have a concrete idea about why you need an explainer video? You need to have your budget for explainer videos. You need to give your production company a brief about your requirements, what you expect from your explainer videos and detailed information about the product.
- You need to see the portfolio of the video producing company. The portfolio will give you an idea about their technical competency, creativity, and the quality of their work. Most video production companies have case studies on their website. You can see if their portfolio of work matches your project brief.
- If you decide to create an animated explainer video you can hire Best Animated video production company online. As they can serve you from anywhere in the world. If you are creating a live shoot video make sure the company is from a nearby location.
- You need to find out if the production house can achieve a style, range, and the level of complexity. Some houses have distinct styles, different approaches to making explainer videos. Choose the production video that meets your needs.
- A good video production company will offer a range of services. They should be able to meet all your production needs. A production company should be able to provide an end-to-end service.
- Ask for references from your shortlisted production companies. Take feedback from their clients, you can refer to their business ratings, and ask your network for a second opinion.
- The video production company should be affordable. Affordable does not always mean cheap, but the video services should be good value for money. Their pricing should be transparent and not have hidden or unexpected costs.
- Availability is an important criterion to select a production company. Customer service and communication should be excellent. They need to understand the product brief and keep you updated through the production process. They should be able to respond to your queries effectively. Interacting with them before working with them will help you gauge how well they communicate.
Contact us for more details on Explainer Videos